Schedule an Appointment With a Kayal Orthopaedic Center expert
Franklin Lakes, NJ -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/04/2019 -- When patients need a second opinion from a doctor in Bergen County, NJ, Kayal Orthopaedic Center is the wise choice.
This highly respected practice has skilled and experienced experts in all areas of orthopaedics, including partial and total joint replacement surgery, rheumatology, pain and spine problems, sports medicine, arthritis, podiatry, orthobiologics, laser therapy, robotic surgery and more.
Dr. Robert A. Kayal and his team believe informed patients are happy, healthy patients. They are committed to a doctor-patient collaborative approach to orthopaedic care that results in better outcomes. The specialists at Kayal Orthopaedic Center will offer their expert opinions for treatment options, but the decision is ultimately up to each patient.
A patient should consider a second opinion with a Kayal Orthopaedic expert if:
Surgery is being recommended.
The condition is serious.
There are several treatment options.
A risky procedure or treatment is being recommended.
All questions have not been answered.
A patient doesn't feel comfortable with the diagnosis or has not received one.
A patient wants to learn about other options.
A specific treatment is being ruled out.
The doctor says nothing more can be done.
Here are tips for patients to become stronger advocates for their own care:
1. Keep a health summary. Complete and accurate records are extremely helpful to the health care team or physician providing a second opinion.
2. Ask questions. A compassionate doctor realizes that medical terms and issues can be confusing and will spend the time needed to answer questions.
3. Use reliable sources to research. Informed patients make informed decisions about their care and treatment.
4. Talk to other patients. Patients can learn from the mistakes and successes of other patients.
5. Don't be afraid to speak up. Patients know their symptoms and situations better than anyone. Their opinions matter. They should never be afraid to voice their opinions and work with their health care teams.
6. Trust those instincts. If a doctor isn't listening, find one who will. If a treatment doesn't make sense, explore other options.
7. Get a second opinion. This is especially important if a recommended treatment is long term, invasive or toxic.
8. Don't be afraid to accept help. An advocate can be invaluable when listening during appointments, making decisions and helping during emergencies.
9. Say thanks. A doctor appreciates it when a patient shows gratitude, especially when the doctor has gone the extra mile.
The team at Kayal Orthopaedic Center cares about every patient and wants to help in every way possible, including by offering a second opinion doctor for orthopaedic surgery in Bergen County, NJ, or beyond. To learn more about our wide range of orthopaedic services, call us at 844.281.1783 or contact Kayal Orthopaedic Center on the web.
About Kayal Orthopaedic Center
Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers the full spectrum of orthopaedic care. Located in Bergen County, NJ, the practice specializes in minimally invasive surgery, injury prevention, innovative therapies and pain management. It has four convenient offices in New Jersey: Glen Rock, Franklin Lakes, Westwood and Paramus (coming soon); and one location in Stony Point, NY. Schedule an appointment by calling 844.281.1783 or contact Kayal Orthopaedic Center by filling out this form.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Alyssa Young