Kayal Orthopaedic Center Applauds Their Efforts, Offers Helpful Tips
Westood, NJ -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/13/2018 -- The elite team at Kayal Orthopaedic Center understands just how critical a compassionate caregiver can be when a patient is recovering from a hip replacement or other surgical procedure.
Dr. Robert A. Kayal and his colleagues are proud to be recognized as the best orthopaedic surgeons in Bergen County, NJ, and beyond. They realize that their patients can heal and recover more comfortably and more quickly when caregivers are there to help patients through the process.
Nervous about being a caregiver? Here are some tips that can help:
1. Accompany the patient to appointments and pre-surgery consultations whenever possible. Don't be afraid to be an advocate. Ask questions. Voice concerns. Take notes to avoid forgetting important details.
2. Review all pre-surgery and day-of-surgery instructions with the patient to make sure these instructions are understood and followed.
3. Help the patient gather and pack medical and personal items to bring on the day of the procedure.
4. Find out what time to report to the hospital or surgery center, where to drop the patient off, where to park and how long the procedure is expected to last.
5. Prepare the house for the patient's post-surgery comfort, convenience and safety. Consider: creating a temporary bedroom on the first floor to avoid the need to climb stairs; tucking away throw rugs and other tripping hazards; rearranging furniture for ease of movement; installing safety bars in the tub or shower; preparing healthy meals ahead of time; keeping items the patient needs, such as medications and the TV remote, close at hand.
6. Make sure the patient follows all post-surgery instructions and contacts Kayal Orthopaedic Center with any concerns or questions.
Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers a comprehensive range of orthopaedic services, including sports medicine in Franklin Lakes, NJ, and beyond, to handle every need. To learn more, call 844.281.1783 or visit the website.
About Kayal Orthopaedic Center
Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers the full spectrum of orthopaedic care. Located in Bergen County, NJ, the practice specializes in minimally invasive surgery, injury prevention, innovative therapies and pain management. Its three convenient New Jersey offices are at: 266 Harristown Road, Suite 107, Glen Rock; 784 Franklin Ave., Suite 250, Franklin Lakes; and 250 Old Hook Road, Suite 401, on the campus of HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley, Westwood. Schedule an appointment by calling 844.281.1783 or contact Kayal Orthopaedic Center by filling out this form.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Alyssa Young